Prep work nearly done and a little discovery!

 

Well I was supposed to get a lot more prepping and crafting done today than I actually have,

but the everyday life gods said nope we need your attention today.

In the form of sorting colours for new kitchen and bathroom, batch cooking and more!

Although when I did retreat to my little bit of me space, it was getting dark with very little light to see properly without shadows.

But I did knock up the above card quite quickly for a demonstration on Saturday, at Endsleigh Garden Centre.

Now I know there's a bit of uneven border going on, but this was my practice card, I will remake it properly later on so it sits easier with my picky eye for the demo.

I just love this set of stamps by Sheena Douglas.

But I think I may have made a little discovery, but if this has been covered elsewhere I apologise profusely.

Where I had used the distress inks as the background, once I stamped the butterfly up and started to colour it with my spectrum noir pens, I noticed the distress ink acted like some kind of barrier and the ink did not soak through on to the back of the cardstock where the distress ink was!

Now I admit I was very light with my pens, but see, hardly anything came through, will have to experiment further me thinks. MMMM! Indeed.

I will mainly be featuring the ebosser along with the folders but wanted at least one sample to show the stamps can be simple and elegant without much else xxx

Comments

julie_woolston said…
Beautiful card Tracy,I haven't hear it mentioned before, look forward to the results after further experimenting.

Hugs Julie xx
Gwyneth said…
It's a lovely card, and if you hadn't said about uneven borders I wouldn't have noticed.
jane stillman said…
A gorgeous card, and I hadn't noticed the uneven border either. The butterfly is stunning
Jill said…
I love that butterfly and the sentiment is so good! Jill x
Gorgeous Tracy love that butterfly
jacqui x
Hello said…
Beautiful card Tracy and I hadn't noticed the uneven border hun.
Hugz, Lorraine xx
Gorgeous card Tracy love the sentiment and what uneven border could not find it maybe because I'm a bit uneven myself. Love Alison xx
Alyx said…
This is just so perfect.
xx
Barbara said…
A gorgeous CAS card....love it!
Cheremane said…
Simply beauitful xxx