My other passion - running!

Over the last year, I have had a new passion growing in me. What is IT? Well it may surprise some of you to know that after losing all my weight I took up running.

This Sunday I competed in my first ever Trail (off road) half marathon. It was a tough race for me but I loved it and know now what areas I need to improve on.

I am so lucky to belong to a great running club in Plymouth known as Plymouth Musketeers running club.

They are such a friendly group of people of mixed abilities. If you have an interest in running and would like to join a club in Plymouth I cannot think of a better club.

28 of us set off for salisbury at the weekend to do the 54321 trail run. Aptly called this as The Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1 Trail Marathon is so-called because the 50K race includes 5 rivers, 4 hills, 3 large country estates, 2 castles, and 1 cathedral. You also have the option of a 10k,21km, 30km, 42km,or 50km runs or walks.

 

I opted for the 21km or 13.46 miles(just over half marathon) with 3 others. Kerry Jackson, Emily Simmons and Kathy weaver gore, these girls have been a huge encouragement to me and I could never have seen me doing this without our Thursday night club run, along with all the other members.

I finished it in 2 hours 51 minutes and 22 seconds, whilst I did not break any records, I did for me and I am chuffed.

The four of us before the run

 

 

And after.

I am a happy bunny xx

 

Comments

Unknown said…
Very well done Tracy, great inspiration to us all xx
julie_woolston said…
Well done Tracy what an achievement .

Hugs Julie xxx
Well done Tracy so proud of you hun. Love Alison xx